Welcome to Tech for English Class!
Many teachers find it difficult to integrate technology into English-Language Arts class beyond typing essays and papers. Hopefully, this site will give you some free or low-cost ways to use technology to ignite learning in ELA class!
- ELA Tech Bytes Blog
Use these pages to find ELA technology suggestions:
- Informational Text - sites where students can read and interact with informational text
- Reading Response - ways to have students respond to reading
- Writing Tools - various Web tools to use during the writing process and editing
- Articles - pdf articles for use in reading; links to Kelly's Gallagher's Article of the Week
- Digital Storytelling - free and low-cost ways to use digital storytelling
- Authentic Writing - ways to have students write for someone else besides the teacher
- Wikis for writing
- Vocabulary - websites and tools for enhancing understanding of vocabulary words
- Comics - easy ways to use comics in the classroom
- Interactive Practice & Games - sites for creating video games, flashcards, or interactive quizzes for online practice
- Bloom's Taxonomy- a fantastic LiveBinder file with Web 2.0 sites to enhance learning and thinking
- Photo Resources - places to find copyright-friendly photos for use in class
- Video Resources - places to find free videos to use in class
- Writing Prompts - sites to help identify writing topics
- Misc. Resources for ELA teacher
- Site maintained by Diane Cauchy - dcauchy(AT)colemanschools.net
Tech4ELA by Diane Cauchy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.